Donate to my Japan Honeymoon Fund ;-) Click click click...

Monday, August 3, 2009

Monday Musings - "PeepToe" Shoes

It's been a tough weekend... attended a funeral over a few days (wow talk abt covering all grounds - there were taoist & buddhist ceremonies and some other rituals I didn't understand.

Sorry if I seem a bit detached, it was for my fiance's uncle, so I have no idea at all who he is/was. And my fiance didn't seem to know him that well either.

I was clad in black and grey throughout the few days mostly. The relatives were all very simple dressers so I didn't wear the vintage lace-trim black dress I initially planned to wear. Turns out that not many people followed the usual dress code - there were orange, green, red, yellow tops and some odd prints among the crowd on the first night. There was surprisingly very little mourning going on too. Perhaps they are grieving in their own way or they prefer to celebrate that he has gone to a better place.

(I was secretly mourning Yasmin Ahmad, the wonderful lady who has touched so many lives unknowingly, and even mine. A truly beautiful soul, she was.

Some info from the Sun, Voize & KLUE, on Youtube - Youtube 1, Youtube 2)

Anyway, it was eye-opening nonetheless, to witness this event. I would say that I went more for the living, than for the deceased. To accompany my fiance and support his parents who were there throughout the whole do.

I realise that life's just too short to worry about the petty things, about petty people. I'm now striving to live my life to the fullest, like how Yasmin did. I want to contribute and touch people's lives with what little skills, knowledge, strength, passion that I have. Lots of soul-searching to be done...

Coming back to work was hard. And of course I came back in full bold colour after a long dreary weekend of blacks and greys...

And to lighten things up, I thought a touch of quirky would be perfect today.

:-)

Some funky shoes from

Comme des Garçons Fall 2009








Images from seaofshoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment