Donate to my Japan Honeymoon Fund ;-) Click click click...

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Friday Fantasy - Nature Escapade in W

Ah, it's finally Friday, TGIF!!! Hurray! :-)

A tough & trying week it's been for me. Being sick and then bogged down crazy crazy at work (with all kinds of fire-fighting) is no freakin' fun :-P But there's been positive highlights too! I found this gem of a Thai restaurant with my fiance -- quite hidden, not that many diners sadly (well not yet anyway) with a Beautiful Artsy Interior (melikes!) in addition to a Ravishingly Delicious Gastronomical Offering ;-9 Can't wait for my next trip there ^-^

I know this is supposed to be a fashion-focused blog but I'm going to post pics of that little gem next week, LOL ^-^ Hey, a fashionista's gotta eat, and good eats deserve some luuurve too ;-)

Anyway, back to today's little treasure. I stumbled across this Fabulous find of an editorial in W's August 2009 issue from this cool fashion blog -- very nature-oriented & a bit edgy (yes I was into that yesterday too, LOL - I'm suffering chronic paradise island vacation withdrawal symptoms) :-P

The model here is the pale beautiful Guinevere van Seenus
and this was shot on Cumberland Island in Georgia by Mario Sorrenti
.

















I think this is a brilliant editorial, like it's set in a much darker version of the Enchanted Forest of Enid Blyton's. And instead of cutesy fairies and elves, it features the very exotic Guinevere, made up to look like a mysterious, ethereal wood nymph.

Highlights include a daring all-feather Alexander McQueen dress, (that reminds me of The Crow, that movie, but with loads more mystical styling thrown in of course), a goth and glam-rock inspired Nina Ricci shoes, and many other zany couture looks that are not for the fashion meek average person on the street...
Oh and the hot pink headpiece reminds me of the Statue of Liberty somewhat.
Freedom to be vibrantly quirky is how I would interpret it ;-)

I'd like to be in an artsy nature piece like this one day. A just for fun project.
Hmmm....

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to give a friendly reminder that if you're going to use my images and re-word the text from my post with commentary on this editorial, please link the post.

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete