Donate to my Japan Honeymoon Fund ;-) Click click click...

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Thursday Thoughts



Today seems promising. Anything that hints of a good weekend is promising :-)

I found a few little fashion treasures this week and managed to shortlist a few wedding dress styles I might merge and recreate in designing mine... one for the church do, another for the 'grand dinner' where we (my darling fiance & I) will have to put on a show for hundreds of people we don't quite know, thanks to the extended family and huge number of friends and associates of them parents. Hmm.
Ugh. Makes me wanna just elope :-P


I was thinking of wearing a dress similar to this structured tiered dress by Marchesa but longer for the church wedding. BUT. The mom-in-law-to-be admonished that the Catholic church would not tolerate anything that showed too much skin i.e. bare shoulders, cleavage, yadda yadda yadda... and so *POOF!* goes that little plan... *Sigh* Ugh. Makes me wanna just elope :-P




Anyway, talking abt escapism and dreamy wedding dresses, Marchesa does a wonderful job creating dresses that are superbly beautiful, surreal and fairy-tale like. What sets Marchesa apart is its unique touches -- a quirky twist with the clever incorporation of interesting structure and glitter.

Here's some from the Fall o9 Ready To Wear Collection.

Ok, thinking of something somewhat conservative for church....
I guess I could go with something like these then? In creamy white / pinkish beige of course... :-)

I could compromise and bare just _one_ shoulder no? :-P






Or I'll be good and have both shoulders covered :-P This looks pretty good too, no?




Here are the four designs serving as inspiration for my wedding gown ^-^


Lots of tulle & tiers... so light, graceful and fairy princess like! :-D


Check out more of the Fall collection here!

No comments:

Post a Comment